Our Unfolding History
Chalmers-Castle Downs United Church
was formed on November 27, 1994
by the amalgamation of two congregations.
Chalmers United Church was established in 1911
as a Presbyterian congregation in the town of Calder.
When The United Church of Canada was created in 1925,
Chalmers Church chose to be included.
The current building was built in 1960.
Castle Downs United Church began meeting in Dunluce School,
in response to the needs of the growing city.
Discussions of amalgamation
began in response to changing demographics,
and in 1994 the marriage of the two congregations
was finalized in a grand celebration.
The building and washrooms were made fully accessible in 2010.
God is not finished with us yet!
Contact & Address
Email: [email protected]
Tues & Wed: 9:30 am-12:30 pm
Thurs: 9:30 am-4:00 pm
Fri: 9:30 am-12:30 pm
We are located at:
12315 132 Ave NW
Edmonton, AB T5L 3P6
Yi Yi Datar